The Bar Council Constitutional Law Committee, Tindak Malaysia and BERSIH 2.0 are co- organising a public forum to explore issues relating to the number of legislative seats in Parliament and State Assemblies, and whether there should be an increase.
The details of the public forum are as follows:
Time: 9am to 4:30 pm
Date: 19 April 2014 (Saturday)
Venue: Raja Aziz Addruse Auditorium, Bar Council, 15 Leboh Pasar Besar, 50050 Kuala Lumpur
Admission is free but advance registration is required.
Confirmed speakers include:
- YB Dr Ong Kian Ming, Serdang MP, Democratic Action Party (DAP);
- YB R Sivarasa, Subang MP, Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR);
- YB Dr Mohd Hatta b Md Ramli, Kuala Krai MP, Parti Islam Se-Malaysia (PAS);
- Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah, ex-Deputy Minister of Higher Education;
- Wong Piang Yow, Founder, Tindak Malaysia;
- Dr Wong Chin Huat, Fellow, Penang Institute and Consultant on Constituency Redelineation, BERSIH 2.0-ENGAGE DART; and
- Prof James UH Chin, Professor of Political Science and Head of School, Monash University Malaysia.
For more details or to register, kindly contact Anusha Gopala Krishnan (03-2050 2097; email@example.com) or Vanimalar Moneyselvam (03-2050 2100; firstname.lastname@example.org).