#MakanKongsi is a humanitarian initiative by Bersih 2.0 and Engage to provide two meals a day to the most vulnerable communities in Malaysia throughout the Movement Control Order (MCO) period.
#MakanKongsi provides small grants to Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and individuals who are on the ground in their local community providing meals and provisions to the most vulnerable people. These would include Malaysians in the B40 category, migrant workers, refugees, Orang Asli/Asal and other marginalised groups.
You may view the list of our grant recipients (partners) so far at https://bit.ly/MKpartners
Please donate to us so that we can support these NGOs/Individuals to ensure that no one goes hungry during this MCO to combat the COVID-19 virus.
You may donate through our payment partner Bold.pay by using your credit card, debit card, online banking (FPX), e-Wallet (Boost, Grabpay, TnG, MCash, QRPay) at https://boldpay.cc/Catalogue/makankongsi or bank directly to our account at:
Bank : Maybank (PJ Old Town Branch)
Name : Bersih & Adil Network Sdn Bhd
Account No. : 512295102931
Reference : MakanKongsi
If you require a receipt from us, please email your banking receipt to [email protected]
- Joint Statement by Bersih 2.0 and ENGAGE (15 April 2020): #MakanKongsi Aims to Raise another RM100,000 to Face Phase 3 of MCO
Kenyataan Media Bersih 2.0 dan ENGAGE (15 April 2020): #MakanKongsi Sasarkan Tambahan Kutipan RM100,000 lagi untuk Fasa 3 PKP
- Joint Statement by Bersih 2.0 and ENGAGE (9 April 2020): #MakanKongsi Reached RM300,000 Fundraising Target but the Needs are still Staggering
- Press Statement (31 March 2020): Bersih Targets to Raise RM300,000 For #MakanKongsi
- Press Statement (28 March 2020): Bersih 2.0-ENGAGE Needs RM200,000 to Feed the Most Vulnerable through #MakanKongsi
Kenyataan Media (28 Mac 2020) Bersih 2.0-ENGAGE Perlukan RM200,000 untuk Membantu Golongan Rentan Melalui Inisiatif #MakanKongsi
- 14 April 2020: Groceries Distribution to Rohingya Community in Teluk Intan
- 10 April 2020: Abandoned, Ignored and Hungry for 19 Days
- 7 April 2020: From Religious Persecution to Economic Hardship
- 7 April 2020: Feeding Baby with Condensed Milk
- 5 April 2020: Eating Tapioca and Rotting Bananas
- 4 April 2020: Is it a Crime to Find Food for Your Family?
- 3 April 2020: Story of Single Mother Puan N