27 OCTOBER 2016
Presentation of BERSIH’s Income and Financial Statement Call for Contribution
The Coalition for Free and Fair Elections (BERSIH 2.0) is appealing to all those who support the BERSIH 5 demands to help fund our convoy, rally and on-going activities.
BERSIH 2.0 is looking to raise RM500,000 to fund:
1. The logistics, publicity, security, documentation and medical supplies for the BERSIH 5 rallies in Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.
2. The coordination and materials for the BERSIH 5 convoy, including the printing of flags, leaflets and banners.
3. The costs associated with the re-delineation project, especially the planned legal actions against the Election Commission.
4. BERSIH 2.0 operations and programs for 2017-2018, including voter registration, voter education, activist trainings and the observation campaign for the 14th General Election.
Thanks to the generosity of the Malaysian public before the BERSIH 4 rally last year, we were able to raise RM2.6 million. These donations were crucial in ensuring the success of BERSIH 4. The audited accounts for BERSIH4 were disclosed publicly last year and are available on www.bersih.org/rallies/bersih4.
The remaining funds have also been invaluable to the organisation in allowing us to expand our activities across the country. These activities include:
1. Activism training in Johor, Penang, Perak and Sabah.
2. Voter education workshops and outreach in 6 regions, including Sabah and Sarawak.
3. The PEMANTAU observation mission for the 11th Sarawak State Election and two by-elections.
4. Trainings and preparation on the re-delineation process, under the Delineation Action & Research Team (DART).
5. Legal aid and support for BERSIH 4 rally participants and legal cases such as such as the T-shirt ban, Sarawak redelineation, and two charges faced by the Chairperson.
(See Appendix for a breakdown of programmes and the associated expenditure.)
We hope to have the same success in BERSIH 5 and in the lead up to GE14.
Donations can be made to:
Bank Account: BERSIH dan Adil Network Sdn Bhd
Account number: 512295102931
Bank: Maybank (PJ Old Town branch)
[For verification of the correct bank account details, please visit our official website at www.bersih.org]
BERSIH 2.0 thanks the Malaysian public for their continued support in the struggle for truly democratic institutions and accountable governance.
Satukan Tenaga, Malaysia Baru!
Issued by: The BERSIH 2.0 Steering Committee