BERSIH 2.0 Steering Committee
The Steering Committee (SC) is the main leadership body of BERSIH 2.0. The key roles and responsibilities of the SC are:
- Leadership – Providing direction in terms of strategic decisions, policy, and programmes;
- Monitoring – Overseeing and assisting in the execution of programmes of the BERSIH Secretariat;
- Accountability – Ensuring prudent financial management and transparency towards stakeholders.
The members of the SC are elected for a term of two years by the endorsing NGOs. There are 13 members in the Steering Committee:
- 7 National Steering Committee Members:
- Deputy Chairperson
- 4 Committee Members with portfolio
- 6 Regional Vice Chairpersons:
- Northern Region (Penang, Perlis, Kedah, Northern Perak)
- Central Region (Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Southern Perak)
- Southern Region (Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan)
- Eastern Region (Terengganu, Kelantan, Pahang)
In discharging their responsibilities, the SC works closely and in consultation with the BERSIH 2.0 Endorsing NGOs and grassroots supporters.
BERSIH 2.0 Secretariat
The BERSIH 2.0 Secretariat is the operation arm of the organization. It is responsible to execute the programmes and activities of the organization.
At present, there are five full time staff in the Secretariat:
- Advocacy Coordinator
- Outreach Coordinator
- Programme Coordinator
- Admin Coordinator